NT WorkSafe has released key work health and safety statistics for the territory for 2020–2021.
Overall, in 2020–2021 there were:
- 2,392 workers’ compensation claims made;
- 7,612 total lost time in weeks; and
- $41.7 million in total compensation claims costs.
Health and community services was in the top five industries with the highest proportion of serious injuries, with body stressing being the main mechanism of sustaining serious injury.
The other industries in the top five were:
- government administration and defence;
- agriculture, forestry and fishing; and
Aside from body stressing, being hit by moving objects, and falls, trips and slips were the main mechanism of serious injuries.
There were four worker fatalities and three bystander fatalities.
Find more information from worksafe.nt.gov.au/forms-and-resources/statistics.