Home - When do we need a high-risk work licence in NSW?
October 22, 2020 on chapter Construction

When do we need a high-risk work licence in NSW?

Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 (NSW) (Regulation) provides that a person must not carry out a class of high-risk work unless the person holds a high-risk work licence for that class of high-risk work.

This is a licence required to operate some machinery, erect scaffolding, or undertake dogging or rigging work. For more details about types of the licence, please visit www.safework.nsw.gov.au/licences-and-registrations/licences/high-risk-work-licences.

High-risk work licences are valid for 5 years and recognised nationally.

Only the registered training organisations (RTOs) listed on the National VET Register that also have an agreement with SafeWork NSW can train and assess people for high-risk work licences. Assessors conducting assessment for or on behalf of the RTO must be accredited by SafeWork NSW and hold currency of accreditation.


In your cart



View cart
View Cart