Home - Signage requirements
October 22, 2020 on chapter Safety signs

We have been advised that some of our chemical signs are incorrect. Where can I find simple information on signage?

The placard/signage requirements for chemicals in the workplace will vary depending on the jurisdiction in which you operate.

If you are operating in a harmonised work health and safety jurisdiction (all states and territories other than Vic and WA), your obligations regarding chemical signage are set out in Reg. 349 and 350 of the harmonised Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 (Regulations).

Specifically, if you use, handle or store any placard quantity of a hazardous chemical at your workplace, you are required to display both an outer warning placard (Reg. 349, Regulations) and a placard (Reg. 350, Regulations).

The placard quantities of hazardous chemicals are set out in Schedule 11 of the Regulations. Schedule 13 of the Regulations sets out the details that should be displayed on a placard or an outer warning placard.

Click here for a copy of the Regulations. In addition, the work health and safety regulator in your jurisdiction will likely have a publication setting out when a placard is needed and the type required.


In your cart



View cart
View Cart