Home - How can we dispute an improvement notice?
June 23, 2022 on chapter Enforcement

We have been issued with an improvement notice by a health and safety inspector but we disagree with it. What can we do?

An inspector may issue an improvement notice if they identify a health and safety risk in the workplace. If you do not accept the inspector’s view that there is a risk that can be eliminated or reduced with reasonably practicable steps, you can seek a review of the improvement notice. You can seek a review either:

  • internally, i.e. by the relevant health and safety regulator; or
  • externally, i.e. by the relevant state or territory tribunal.

The request for the review of an improvement notice must be made within 14 days of the notice being issued, or the period of compliance, whichever is less.

The operation of an improvement notice is automatically suspended once a review begins.


In your cart



View cart
View Cart