Changes to the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 to improve quad bike safety are expected to be implemented by 30 June 2021.
The changes will:
- require employers to provide workers with a helmet when using a quad bike;
- require quad bike users to wear a helmet and undertake training; and
- prohibit the carrying of passengers, except where the quad bike is designed and appropriate for that purpose.
These changes come amid a raft of steps to improve quad bike safety, including:
- the Tasmanian Government’s quad bike safety rebate scheme;
- WorkSafe’s quad bike safety media campaign; and
- the Australian Government’s new mandatory safety standard for quad bikes.
Employers, workers and the community will have the opportunity to provide their views during the consultation period.
Learn more at worksafe.tas.gov.au/quadsafe.